Farm Swap-America
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Farm Swap-America

This forum was created with the idea of helping one another in your own community. Do you have a vegetable garden? Are you frequently over-run with excess tomatoes, but would like some eggs? That's the idea here, swapping farm products.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Want to buy a quarter (or half) of a grass-fed steer to raise? Near Ada, Ok.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sergeant82d

Want to buy a quarter (or half) of a grass-fed steer to raise? Near Ada, Ok. Empty
PostSubject: Want to buy a quarter (or half) of a grass-fed steer to raise? Near Ada, Ok.   Want to buy a quarter (or half) of a grass-fed steer to raise? Near Ada, Ok. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 7:36 pm

I've got eight well-fenced acres of very nice native grass pasture, a 3-sided shed barn with small corral and piped water, plus a small pond on the north end of the place... but I just retired from the Army and have five small kids, a puppy, an old tractor, a garden and about 70 chickens... so no money to buy a steer. I found a fellow who will have a six-month old steer available in September for $500, about an hour away from me...

I'd like to find two folks who will pay $200 each (or one with $400 for a half), plus their share of processing fees when butcher time comes (1/4 or 1/2 the total processing charge, with input on the cuts that are made, etc... ). You would also pay a share of any medications, etc., required, if any. This animal would be raised strictly on grass, no hormones, etc., to pump up the growth rate, etc. It would have all the fresh air and sunshine and care it can take and be as happy as can be while growing.

If there are a bunch of folks interested, I could raise more than one animal just as easily! Up to four, say - not that I expect anything like that kind of response.

I am also going to be raising some hogs (Hampshires) that we may be able to do the same thing on, if someone wants to. They will have corn, wheat, millet and a protein supplement (non medicated) in addition to pasture and table scraps.

Post here and I'll be in touch!

Brad
Back to top Go down
littlepeddler
New Swapper
littlepeddler

Want to buy a quarter (or half) of a grass-fed steer to raise? Near Ada, Ok. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Want to buy a quarter (or half) of a grass-fed steer to raise? Near Ada, Ok.   Want to buy a quarter (or half) of a grass-fed steer to raise? Near Ada, Ok. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 9:48 pm

Im in fort smith Arkansas .....I could consider it. we are wanting to do them same thing.
Back to top Go down
http://littlepeddler.wordpress.com/
littlepeddler
New Swapper
littlepeddler

PostSubject: Re: Want to buy a quarter (or half) of a grass-fed steer to raise? Near Ada, Ok.   Want to buy a quarter (or half) of a grass-fed steer to raise? Near Ada, Ok. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 9:49 pm

Matter of fact put in in for half.

Brenda
Back to top Go down
Admin
Swapping Fiend!
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Want to buy a quarter (or half) of a grass-fed steer to raise? Near Ada, Ok.   Want to buy a quarter (or half) of a grass-fed steer to raise? Near Ada, Ok. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 11:30 pm

Now that's how to make it happen! Congrats you two on your new steer Wink LOL
Back to top Go down
http://farmswapusa.niceboard.net
littlepeddler
New Swapper
littlepeddler

PostSubject: Re: Want to buy a quarter (or half) of a grass-fed steer to raise? Near Ada, Ok.   Want to buy a quarter (or half) of a grass-fed steer to raise? Near Ada, Ok. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 11:57 pm

This is turn out to be big I hope. Oh steer too.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Want to buy a quarter (or half) of a grass-fed steer to raise? Near Ada, Ok.   Want to buy a quarter (or half) of a grass-fed steer to raise? Near Ada, Ok. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Want to buy a quarter (or half) of a grass-fed steer to raise? Near Ada, Ok.
Page 1 of 1