Farm Swap-America
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Farm Swap-America

This forum was created with the idea of helping one another in your own community. Do you have a vegetable garden? Are you frequently over-run with excess tomatoes, but would like some eggs? That's the idea here, swapping farm products.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Parkton 28371 sheep

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hollow Oak Farm
New Swapper

Parkton 28371 sheep Empty
PostSubject: Parkton 28371 sheep   Parkton 28371 sheep Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 3:23 am

Due to health considerations, I need to give up my entire flock of sheep. I would consider trading them, with part of the trade being a share of the wool produced by them over a given time period. This is a handspinners flock, assorted breeds and crosses. There are purebred Romneys and crosses, Cotswold crosses, Icelandic crosses, Border Leicester crosses, Corridale crosses, with Tunis and Lincoln Longwool mixed in there, too. A good range of fleece color and texture, which is what I was working toward in a handspinners flock. Most of the ewes are yearlings with first lambs. The Romneys are a couple years older. All are easy to handle. Several are just plain lap-babies.

All trade ideas are considered.

meg
Back to top Go down
FalconDance

PostSubject: Re: Parkton 28371 sheep   Parkton 28371 sheep Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 11:18 pm

I'm working on the go-ahead blessing for Clover and Sora. It's more of a coordination of mileage than anything.

If someone else proves highly interested and immediately motivated, then please send send them on, though.
Back to top Go down
Hollow Oak Farm
New Swapper

PostSubject: Re: Parkton 28371 sheep   Parkton 28371 sheep Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 4:24 pm

Falcondance, they might disguise as shaggy dogs for a while...but then they're going to 'baa', and blow their cover! What then?
I can see it now.......LOL
Back to top Go down
FalconDance

PostSubject: Re: Parkton 28371 sheep   Parkton 28371 sheep Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 5:26 pm

Why, then we sadly explain how the poor dears suffer from a very rare genetic disorder that affects not only their paws, but their vocal cords. A terrible shame, really, but there's absolutely nothing the vets can do for them to ease their plight. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
lilgamoma

lilgamoma

PostSubject: Re: Parkton 28371 sheep   Parkton 28371 sheep Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 5:46 pm

I'm in search of some wool, just a pound or 2...if you have any to spare. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.jtribecreations.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parkton 28371 sheep   Parkton 28371 sheep Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Parkton 28371 sheep
Page 1 of 1